The ceremonies for the Hall of Fame induction were similar in Helsinki as in Sweden and came in two parts. The awards were handed out before the bronze medal match on the Golden Star restaurant stage in the Hartwall Arena. The awards were handed out by the IFF President Tomas Eriksson and Secretary General John Liljelund. The whole procedure was orchestrated by the well-known Finnish sports reporter Kaj Kunnas.
– After the challenges inflicted by the pandemic over the last 18 months, we have had a super autumn of floorball with exceptionally organising four World Floorball Championship events within four months, two U19 and two adult events. What better way to close this year than with the final publications of the IFF Hall of Fame inductees? This concept proves that floorball has matured yet another step and I warmly congratulate all inductees, explains IFF President Tomas Eriksson.
The official publication during the first intermission of the final started with a display of a tribute video of the inductees. The venue was flooded with Hall of Fame presentation from the LED screens to laser projection on the playing field. All inductees were introduced to the public on the field of play where they also received flower bouquets and they were applauded by the 13.000 spectators inside the Hartwall Arena.
The players inducted to the IFF Hall of Fame are:
- Mark Wolf (player), Switzerland
- Jonna Mäkelä (player), Finland
- Willy Fauskanger (player), Norway
- Janne Tähkä (player), Finland
- Jonna Kettunen (player), Finland
- Radim Cepek (player), Czech Republic
- Matthias Hofbauer (player), Switzerland
- Mika Kohonen (player), Finland
It was decided by the IFF to award all Finnish players in Helsinki in front of their home crowd. With the inductions in Helsinki that concludes the 18 inductions for the launch year of the Hall of Fame. The next selections will be considered to take place in five years.
– It is great that we respect those who have had a big role in building the history of floorball. It creates culture and shows example for the future stars. Respect!, commented Mr Pekka Ilmivalta, Executive Director of the Finnish Floorball Federation.
The awards handed to the inductees were produced by ifolor. The IFF Hall of Fame design and inductee names were printed on an aluminium plaque (20x30cm).
Photo: Juhani Järvenpää